Friday, July 23, 2010

Chapter 6

As each chpater unfolds I am more intrigued.

This chapter focuses on that reintegration - or re-connection - one makes. "Piecing their world back together". Making things relative to our own context. I personally think it is about defining ourselves as we go,not so much as a conclusion at the end of our educational journey.
I believe this particular AET program has done just that - allowed for the flow of new content and ideas to be a part of our real lives.
I think at times indivuals make the distinction between their personal being and "institutional" self which could which could prevent a "legitimacy" or any sense or real life application.
It is about synthesis, integration - a constant re-creation with both mentor and student - and student and their world.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Lynne. I think that this AET program has definitely allowed for new ideas to flow and I like that a lot of the assignments are geared towards topics or areas that we, as students can relate to current or past work experiences. This has allowed the information we are learning to be retained more.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete